Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In class critique


How is this drawing different than the last shell drawings? What has improved?
Since my last shell drawing, I feel I have done a better job capturing the textures on the surface of the shell. It also feels my drawings appear more 3-D and seems more round than my previous drawings. I think my line quality has also improved because my lines are sketchier and more broken up. I notice that when I am drawing, I don't keep my charcoal on the page as long.

What was it like drawing big? Did you change the way you draw or use the tools?
I actually enjoyed drawing on this larger scale. It really helped me zoom in and pay closer attention to all the small details, textures and plane shifts. I still think I could have drawn larger to really use my whole body.

No comments:

Post a Comment