Sunday, November 22, 2009

Field Trip and Skulls

This was the week we went on the big field trip to, "Bodies: The Exhibition." I spent most of the ride there in a comatose state, so I was ready to move around and explore when we reached the Mall of America. The exhibit was close to what I imagined it to be like. I was actually surprised to find how delicate and thin some of the muscles structures were. I was fascinated to observe how the muscles twisted and wrapped around each other. For my drawings, I chose to draw the pelvis of a skeleton and the arm and shoulder of a man playing baseball. It was nice to get so close and really pick apart the pieces of the body. I feel these studies will help me draw more accurately in class. In class, we began drawing the skull because we will be starting to learn about the human head. I am really excited about this because I have always struggled with drawing heads realistically and in proportion to the rest of the body. I will include my latest drawings...I have a few from the week before that I must have forgotten to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment