Thursday, September 10, 2009

Post One 9/10

Hello, my name is Elizabeth Kruse and this is currently my junior year at UW-Stout as a Graphic Design major. I am very excited about taking this life drawing class and can't wait to start drawing again. I have always loved to draw and am especially interested in human subjects in my art. I hope this class will further expand my knowledge and understanding of the human form and its construction. I want to learn new ways to approach drawing and become freer with my mark making. I think life drawing provides a great opportunity to grow and develop into a strong artist. As a graphic designer, understanding line quality and proportions can make a huge difference in a design's success.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth,
    I'm looking forward to working with you.
    Have you read any books by Ellen Lupton? She's got some great stuff about design and the body--I'll try to bring some of her writing into class.

    ReplyDelete