Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Pelvis

This week we concentrated on constructing the pelvis. We watched this older movie with a famous anatomy professor as the instructor. He had numerous tricks and insights into creating an accurate drawing of the pelvis in relation to the rib cage. He broke everything down into sections and boxes to help students relate. This really helped my own understanding of proportions. I had been drawing the rib cage much larger in relationship to the pelvis and it took a while to get used to drawing the pelvis wider in this new scale. My gesture drawings, like before, suffered in the beginning of class but I noticed they eventually started improving once I warmed up a little. In class we continued timed gesture drawings that focused on the rib cage and pelvis. We did one more contour drawing and a few longer drawings near the end of class. I am beginning to recognize what to look for when I draw from a model. I find my drawings becoming a little stronger as the weeks roll by. I will include some in class sketches and an updated mannequin as soon as I finish my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment